Wednesday, January 18, 2012

About Me

Hello Everyone,


Welcome to my Blog.


 My name is Stan Chokler




I was born in Small Country of Moldova in 1983






When I was 9 years old I moved to Boston, Ma with my parents and my older sister. I lived in Brighton, Ma for couple years until I moved to Brookline, Ma where i went to High School and lived there for more than 10 years.  After High School I went to part time to Community College and than transferred to Suffolk university where I obtained a BA in Finance.  I am Currently attending BU for Masters in Banking and Finance Management. This is my first class


I have been married for 2 years and currently live in our own 2 bedroom  Condo at Chestnut Hill, Ma.


My wife and I have been together for 7 years before we got married.




I currently work as Retail Store manager at T-mobile. 


I started my Wireless carrear at Sprint as part time rep while i attended Suffolk. I moved my way up to Sales lead where then I transferred to T-Mobile and moved my way up to store Manager in less than 3 years. Even though I love what I do I dont want to be a store manager for the rest of my carrear.











12 comments:

  1. Stan,

    It is nice to meet you. I also enjoy snowboarding. Where did you go this year? This winter is so strange with no snow!! I am going to Snowbird in Utah in March and am super excited.. just need to get through this class first.

    Some suggestions I have for your page would be to use only one image for the background rather than the tiled boston sky scene. I love the photo is is good coloring and shows your roots in Boston, but since it is tiled it looks busy and distracting.

    Also I would suggest adding some color the the post background. as the white is a bit harsh against the dark blue photo background.

    I love your picture of skydiving. I got the opportunity to go once. I don't know about your experience, but I for one was really happy to jump out of the airplane because we were in a really small shakey plane to get up there.

    I look forward to working with you in this class and best of luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lisa,

    thank you for the feedback, this is my first blog so I will work on updating. I tried changing the color but didnt give me that option. do you know how to change it using HTML?

    I went snowboarding just for one day at Killington in Maine. it was nice for the 1st run of the winter but it was during Winter vacation so it was very busy and lots of trails were closed but still had a good time

    I been wanting to go skydiving since I was a kid so once there was GroupOn deal I jumped on it. Plane ride was not that bad but I ended up jumping first which i think is better than waiting until everyone jumps.

    Looking forward to working with you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could offer you help for the HTML question, but I don't really know how to change the color with HTML. I did a lot of googleing how to for my blog. There are a suprising number of questions already answered out there.

      I also love the groupon deals for adventure activities. I did the indoor skydiving one, and was thinking about the white water rafting one that came up but forgot to purchase in time, but ended up driving out to western mass Deerfield river to go with the Zoar Adventures company. I highly recommend them if you ever want to do white water rafting in MA.

      With respect to your blog, I suggest adding a page visit counter to the bottom of your blog. I find it exciting to watch it count up as everyone visits the site. Also, as our sites are published I secretly wonder if anyone viewing is outside of the class and just stumbeled on to the page.

      As we are in the same group for the case study, I am sure we will be chatting a lot more in the coming weeks.

      Delete
  3. Stan,

    Your blog is a great start! The dynamic view blogger provides was a little complicated for me when I started the blog this week. I decided to change it when it started appearing that I couldn't add gadgets and change some of the layout options. From your home screen, go to design, then to template designer. When that appears you will already see your chosen template highlighted and then click layout. You will see that this template style does not support layout changes. For the purposes of this class I found it difficult to add value as we have learned the importance of through our lectures and I decided to change it. I now think its developing. Its like a work in process. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stan,
    I love the added pictures on your blog. Great choice to a background as well! I see that you are a Patriots fan....I would say that I am jealous of your team remaining in the playoffs...since I am a Packers fan! So good luck!!

    So very cool that you were born in Molodova. The farest East I have gone in Europe is Hungry....maybe I'll have to venture over there soon!

    Just one suggestion about your blog is that your wording is spaced far apart, for me, I don't like to scroll down if I am reading a solid paragraph, so maybe consolidating would be good. Just a thought!

    Nice to meet you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stan,

    Nice to meet here the person who is fluent in Russian and born in Soviet Union as well. I like that you posted the map of Moldova. It is so brave of you to go for skydiving!!! I will be scared to death to jump off the plane although I love flying. My suggestion to your page is to change the background of posts and the fonts.Adding some sports gadgets to "my hobby" will spice up the section. Do you miss your born country? Do you have pictures of it? By posting them you will give a chance to your followers get acquainted to the former USSR republic.




    Alfia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Stan,

    It is nice meeting you! How is the weather like in MA? It is snowing a lot in New York today.

    I find your blog very professional and well organized. I would suggest to add more stuff on the left side of your blog and add some video.

    Looking forward to working with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stan, nice post. I've got to say you and your spouse make a fantastic couple. Congratulations. Your blog flows smoothly, easy to navigate through, that's great. You do leave a lot of white space on you blog page, leaving viewers wondering "is my computer still loading up? Is meant to come up in this space right here?" all in all, grate post, great background, great display.

    Uchenna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stan,

    Great changes with the format and background. It must have made it a bit easier to play around with effects. I would suggest having the blogger bar on the way top not be transparent as it blends in too much with your background or you could adjust the font colors on it. I'd like to learn more about Moldova. Is there a youtube video that you could add to your post that provides a history of the country? To add video enter the post and click on the insert a video icon on the top toolbar (it is next to the insert an image and link icons). You, Lisa and I are on a team for this week's case study. I am going to start reading the study tomorrow and will follow up with the two of you on how you want to handle the assignment. BTW your wedding photo is beautiful!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stan,

    I have to say I really like the changes you made to your blog. It a nice fluidity to it. I also appreciate it that you tie in your background, wife and all the elements about your life, so we can get to know you better. Much success in your life and career pursuits. Nice job!

    Looking forward to working you as the class progresses.

    Ciao!
    Tinu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stan!

    I really am impressed with the changes you made since I first saw your blog a couple of days ago. The design really works well with your skydiving picture. Lots of content, and very easy to navigate and read. Good job!

    The only recommendation I would make is maybe you could post some videos of your favorite sport moments on your hobbies page. I think that might be kind of cool.

    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stan!

    It is nice to meet you and welcome to BU! Your blog is set up great, I really like how you have all the tabs and really get into your history with all of us. My only recommendation would be to add more gadgets to the page, even some that involve some of the Boston sports teams, and especially the Patriots since they just won!

    Looking forward to class with you!

    Bryn

    ReplyDelete